Monday, August 07, 2006

Wandering Jews

Have you ever had one of those plants, the Wandering Jew? They put down roots wherever they hit soil, always seem to spring back from boughts of drought, and will root overnight in water? Yeah, well, it all sounds nice, but I can't say it's a delight to be a wandering Jew.

We have it pretty easy. We're staying with relatives, their apartment is large, a minor miracle happened and the guy in charge of the salary department actually got me into the computer system so my salary was direct deposited at the end of last week, and I only have three kids to shlep around.

But it's the nature of the wandering Jew to just want to go home. Okay, Master of the Universe, you gave me a paid vacation, my kids have gotten to go to an expensive American style day camp that they never would have in times of peace, my home is still intact, everyone from my job is still alive and unharmed, and I just can't shake the strong feeling that if I had the ruby slippers, clicking my heels would have worked to get home.

My brain on war is very scrambled. Last Shabbat we were in Kochav Hashachar. I didn't take picture. The Shabbat before that we were in Ramat Beit Shemesh A. I didn't take pictures. Hey, what's a photo blog with no photos????

So I will try, bli neder (no promises), to start taking pics again so that I can make my blog posts the way I like to: a picture with only a little blurb of text.

Oh, and did I say that I want to go home?

1 comment:

SarahReznor said...

sorry.. i cant imagine how it feels to be cut off from your life. i hope you're not hating JLM too much :)