Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Jerusalem Still - Teddy Stadium on Tu B'av

So we went to Teddy Stadium last night to hear Rav Amnon Yitzhak. I learned several important things about going to "hear" something at a stadium.

First, if you got there early enough to find seating anyway, so sit as directly across from an ampliphier as possible. The first pic is from where we were originally sitting and it was a study in wave disturbance. Namely sound waves from one amp disturbing the other so we couldn't understand a thing, even though the sound was loud.

Second, when you leave your home for a couple of weeks in case of war, bring a sweater. It might get cold.

Third, do not in any case allow your fourteen year old daughter to insist on staying til the end when the end is later than the last bus home. It took us two hours to get home, since there were very few buses, none to our area of town, and for some bizarre reason hardly any taxis and the ones who were around were not picking up fares unless you called. I refuse to own a cellphone. So we finally took a bus to the central bus station area, got out early to walk to Angels to get a very needed late late night snack, and finally got a cab from there to finish off the last bit back to "home".

Notice I still have not tripod. I am working on truly forgiving the girl, since really I never should have loaned it to her in the first place. One of my golden rules over the last few years has been to never loan out anything I can't afford to lose or have come back in bad condition. Sadly, many people around me do not seem to be careful with others' property.


Last night was the beginning of Tu B'av, the 15th of the Hebrew month of Av. Notice the full moon rising over the stadium... cooool. Eventually the whole stadium filled up (22,000 people singing "We love you Hakodesh Baruch Hu!").

And I bought a 1 Gig thumbstick yesterday to clear my camera cards and get some more web work done. A few Photoshop graphics eat up a lot of space on wittle owd XP memory cards. Not that my graphics is much good:

psalms against bombstehillim neged tilim

No comments: