Sunday, October 29, 2006

Fall rainy days in Tsfat


One cool thing about working in a lab is that there are other women who appreciate cool bugs. Yes, that's right, one of my XX coworkers pointed out cool bugs and suggested a photo shoot the other day right outside the lab. I couldn't get exactly the focus and macro I wanted, but it was fun.












Same day it looked like this when I was leaving work. Not like that today. Today it rained and rained (I saw it from my window, really), and when I left, it was almost dark. Winter time is coming in.











Another cool bug, actually I hate moths. I was able to disassociate enough from my moth phobia to enjoy photographing this lovely specimen. However, when it flapped around I did have an uncontrollable shuddering fit. There is a reason that Godzilla's prime evil enemy was Mothra.













This is another common site this time of year. The flocks of cranes flying south for the winter. They are really quite lovely and graceful.

Last year they were the harbinger of Avian Flu, however. The outbreaks were considered well contained last year, and none of the strain that is contagious to humans was detected.

Still, it affects how I relate to the flocks of birds flying overhead twice a year.

No comments: